Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fried Green Tomatoes...

Tomatoes from my dad's garden.

I am not a big fan of cornmeal so I don't use it
on my fried green tomatoes.


Veronica's Fried Green Tomatoes

2 large green tomatoes, sliced
1 egg
1/4 cup buttermilk
(whisk the egg and buttermilk together in a separate bowl)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup parmesan
1/4 tsp season salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 to1 tsp dill weed

Combine the flour, parmesan cheese,
season salt, pepper and dill weed.
Coat each tomato slice in flour.
Dip in the egg mixture.
Coat again in flour.
Fry in hot oil until browned on both sides.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Veronica...so nice to meet you. I just happen to see your comment while blog skipping tonight. Your plate of home cooking looks absolutely delicious. I am on my way to check out your other blog. It's always nice to meet a fellow blogger from Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preciosa foto, buena composición y bonitos tonos. Saludos
    ¡¡Feliz año 2011!!

    ReplyDelete